Invisalign treatment can be considered cosmetic as well as functional. It can be used to improve the appearance of your smile, as well as address any functional concerns you may have with your bite or alignment.
Every insurance plan is different, so it’s essential to check with your provider to see if Invisalign would be covered under your particular plan. Even if Invisalign isn’t covered by insurance, many financing options can make treatment more affordable.
This blog post covers the basics of what Invisalign is, how it works, and whether or not your insurance might cover treatment. Keep reading to learn more.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that uses clear, removable aligners to straighten teeth. Because the aligners are clear, they are much less noticeable than metal braces. It is often used to treat mild to moderate cases of misalignment.
It is also important to note that Invisalign is not just for cosmetic purposes. While it can certainly improve the appearance of your smile, it can also address any functional concerns you may have with your bite or alignment.
That’s why it’s important to choose an experienced and qualified dentist or orthodontist (see Invisalign Newmarket if you’re nearby) for your Invisalign treatment to ensure you’re getting the best possible results.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign works by gradually shifting your teeth into proper alignment using a series of clear, removable aligners. These aligners are made specifically for you and will need to be worn for 20-22 hours per day to be effective.
The first step in Invisalign treatment is to schedule a consultation with an orthodontist. The orthodontist will examine your teeth and bite during the consultation and determine if Invisalign is right for you. If so, they will take impressions of your teeth and create a treatment plan.
Once the treatment plan is created, you will be given your first set of aligners. You need to wear these aligners for about two weeks, at which point you will move on to the next set in the series. Each subsequent set of aligners will gradually shift your teeth into proper alignment until you reach your desired results.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign?
There are many benefits of Invisalign treatment, as follows:
- Because the aligners are clear, they are much less noticeable than metal braces.
- Invisalign is removable, so you can take them out for eating and brushing your teeth.
- You will need to see the orthodontist less often than if you wear metal braces.
- There is no risk of getting cuts or scrapes from wires or brackets, as with metal braces.
- Invisalign treatment is often shorter than traditional orthodontic treatment.
Does Insurance Cover Invisalign?
If you don’t have insurance or don’t cover Invisalign treatment, there are many financing options available that can make treatment more affordable, including:
- Credit Card: You can use a credit card to finance your Invisalign treatment.
- Orthodontic Financing: Many companies offer financing specifically for orthodontic treatment.
- Health Savings Account (HSA): If you have an HSA, you can use it to pay for Invisalign treatment.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): If you have an FSA, you can use it to pay for Invisalign treatment.
- Flexible Payment Plans: Many orthodontists, such as this Invisalign Midland clinic, offer flexible payment plans to make treatment more affordable.
As a Summary
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that uses clear, removable aligners to straighten teeth. It is often used to treat mild to moderate cases of misalignment, and it can be considered both cosmetic and functional. Every insurance plan is different, so it’s important to check with your provider to see if Invisalign would be covered under your particular plan.
You can also take advantage of financing options to make Invisalign treatment more affordable. Ultimately, find a reputable dental clinic, such as this Invisalign Hawkesbury, to give you a consultation and help you decide if Invisalign is the proper treatment for you.